we support the local economy
Katarma works for the equitable distribution of the tourism through:
- Local procurements of supplies and food.
- Usage of local vehicles for mobilization and transfers; and for visits to touristic areas.
- Promotes that the tours in and around San Cristobal are managed by tour operators, who are part of the local community.
- The maintenance of equipment and of the hotel in general is performed by local technician groups.
- Only local labor was utilized on the construction of the hotel.
- The team of people working in the hotel and Galapagos are permanent residents.
- Taxes, and operation, health, fire and municipal utility permits are paid (in full) in San Cristóbal, which in turn benefits the local community, as opposed to taxes paid in the mainland Ecuador.
About > Supporting Local Businesses